skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
A reminder
Home
»
absurdity
»
belief
»
Voltaire
»
A reminder
Friday, December 11
A reminder
Here is one of my favorite quotes, which will remind us why it is important to work against the anti-scientific voices of unreason:
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”
Voltaire
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
hot post of the day
Why do I feel so depressed at random times?
Asked by mckenna at 27 April,2013 I'm 13 and for some reason lately I've been starting to feel like extremely sad or depressed at t...
Can weight really be compared to height?
Asked by I'M Flying Jack (1D Lover) at 17 May,2013 You can't fix your height (not that there's anything to fix) but you can han...
Spent. Sex, Evolution, and Consumer Behavior, by Geoffrey Miller
Note: In the event that this website ceases to work, please follow instructions at http://www.stanleyrice.com/ to find new blog entries. So...
Why do you think GOD blocked me?
Asked by Lecture at 15 May,2013 I don't think I'm rude, is he annoyed that I make him look stupid by answering his comments with lo...
Is a woman really attractive if most of the men that hit on her are unattractive?
Asked by Observing at 12 May,2013 Best Answer: Clue at 12 May,2013 I really would like to know that too!!! I have been told by almost...
Your significant other watching pornography is...?
Asked by Name at 13 May,2013 A) Unacceptable B) An unpleasant fact of life you've come to accept C) Perfectly fine; barely worth thin...
Evolution in Oklahoma, a Road Trip: A Dramatic Geological Past, part one.
Breaking news: European Space Agency scientists just announced that the universe is older than previously thought: it is 6,001 years old, no...
Why Evolution Looks like It Has an Overall Direction
When directional selection occurs, evolution has a direction. It rapidly chooses the winners. But directional selection usually does not las...
I want to become a prostitute:((?
Asked by sweeto at 14 May,2013 I am 18 a pakistani girl.i watch porn videos alot.sometimes i also masturbate at night.i want to do what tho...
Specified only to the men obsessed with age?
Asked by ~cinnamon~ at 17 May,2013 Do you realize that when you ask if it bugs us that you all can keep dating the same age even as you age...
30 days memorial post
Specified only to the men obsessed with age?
Asked by ~cinnamon~ at 17 May,2013 Do you realize that when you ask if it bugs us that you all can keep dating the same age even as you age...
Women: what are some things you've 'learned' about yourselves from the men on here?
Asked by Gleek Of The Week (1D Lover) at 18 May,2013 I've learned I'm a shallow self-entitled man-hating lesbian who is worthless a...
Do you get mistaken for the opposite gender on Y!A?
Asked by i love david =^.^= at 18 May,2013 If your avatar and name aren't obvious and you write a lot in the Q or A Best Answer: Sansc...
Why is that most girls who seem like a catch are always single?
Asked by Ame Noire at 18 May,2013 I noticed the girls who almost have everything... Pretty face, great personality, good humor, and smar...
The Evolution of Religion
The evolution of religion is too big of a topic to cover in one blog entry or, as I am discovering, in a single encyclopedia entry (as I beg...
So, asking questions about my awesome rack?
Asked by â Temple ⥠White Zombie at 09 May,2013 lead people to think I am overly horny and sex-obsessed. So, besides boobs, what are so...
why do men get upset when women dont defend and support their issues, when they step all over ours?
Asked by Lecture at 09 May,2013 I hear the same men who make fun of or even endorse the rape of women(or just flat out call them liars) tur...
If you are me, and I am you then who are we?
Asked by M at 09 May,2013 :( I'm confused. Best Answer: surfagirl at 09 May,2013 We are each other? =P Other Answers: We are them......
Is it a common belief that discrimination was actually illegal in the 70's?
Asked by Jess at 17 May,2013 BQ: Where does this belief originate? Is it ignorance usually? Or is there a general rewriting of history w...
Have you experienced an "It's always darkest before the dawn" kinda thing?
Asked by â Temple ⥠The Darkness at 18 May,2013 Like a situation where it seemed as if things would only get worse but in the end every...
all time Popular Posts
How would you label these types of guys, what's their diagnosis & how do you prevent being their targets?
Asked by Observing at 17 May,2013 1. Emotionless or angry 2. Always observing you 3. Staring at you, making eye contact, don't care i...
How Not to be an Alpha Male (or Female)
As several recent books have shown, humans have behavior patterns similar to those of other apes, although we dress it up and use the power ...
Reality of Global Warming: The Phenology 2012 Conference
I am in Milwaukee, where the Phenology 2012 conference has just ended, except for a field trip to a bog tomorrow. It is a small but powerful...
Why is Evolution so Slow?
The following is an excerpt from my new book, Life of Earth: Portrait of a Beautiful, Middle-Aged, Stressed-Out World, released earl...
Gender Studies: What percentage of the opposite sex do you find attractive?
Asked by Lady in Red at 17 May,2013 I rarely find anyone unattractive/ugly. I like looking at people's faces and bodies and if someone ...
New Darwin video: A Ghost of Evolution
I have just posted a video on my YouTube channel in which Charles Darwin explains an example of coevolution. Mammals and fruits have coevo...
Darwin and Death
No wonder creationists think that the world is not very old. How could it be, if death is not an integral part of its operation? If plants g...
Yes, Wayne, Absolutes Do Exist, But This is Not One of Them
Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the National Rifle Association, plans to terstify before Congress today. According to a January ...
The Garden of Eden in Ancient Oceans
There never was a Garden of Eden, but there was, perhaps, a Garden of Ediacara. (See the book by Mark McMenamin by this title.) Ediacaran or...
Science and Philosophy
(My struggle with computer and biological viruses continues, hence the delay.) In an earlier entry , I wrote about why I do not read philoso...
Blog Archive
►
2013
►
May
►
April
►
March
►
February
►
January
►
2012
►
December
►
November
►
October
►
September
►
August
►
July
►
June
►
May
►
April
►
March
►
February
►
January
►
2011
►
December
►
November
►
October
►
September
►
August
►
July
►
June
►
May
►
April
►
March
►
February
►
January
►
2010
►
December
►
November
►
October
►
September
►
August
►
July
►
June
►
May
►
April
►
March
►
February
►
January
▼
2009
▼
December
Christians Burning Bibles?
Parasites on altruism
Natural selection is only a breath away
A reminder
Being Nice
Scientists, Heads, and Hearts Part Two
►
November
►
October
online marketing
online marketing